Monday 10 February 2014

How Deep The Fathers Love

This morning I woke up stressed out and feeling uneasy about the day ahead. I had two midterms that I wasn't sure I was thoroughly prepared for. I sat up in my bed and began to give it to God. By petition and thanksgiving I presented my requests to my loving God (Philippians 4:6). Psalm 34:8 has been on my heart all day. "Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." There are very few things one can be sure of in life. One thing I am sure of is that if you try God, surrender you whole life to Him, give him a 'taste', you will NEVER regret it and your life will NEVER be the same.

After sharing my testimony, a friend of mine approached me and said "are you ready to share your whole life with the world? with your friends and family?" I responded affirmatively. I would not have life it wasn't for God. Every morning that I wake up it is Him who puts breath in my body and allows me to stand up and face the day. God is calling His children to be transparent. Romans 12:2a says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world." The patterns of this world is to keep everything a secret, to be selfish, to "do you". As a christian I need to do the opposite of that. I need to show love through kindness and selflessness like 1 Corinthians 13 calls me to. I need to speak of the ways God is impacting my life in a real and transparent way (1 Chronicles 16:8). And that is exactly what I will do!

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection


Elena Asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment