Saturday 1 June 2019

Reset

Good Day! Yes I am back. I have officially accepted that I am an occasional blogger and so here I am with my annual post. It seems that every year around the end of May/ beginning of June God gives me a word. So here I am to share it :)

"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things." -1 Corinthians 13:11 
When I was young, I was immature in spiritual things. I always identified as a Christian. I grew up in a Christian home and I gave my life to Christ in elementary school. But I was naïve. My understanding was that a Christian goes to church, talks to people unashamedly about Jesus and when you die you go to heaven. Back then, these were the only requirements. Other than that I could live my life as I pleased. What I didn’t understand was developing a relationship with God. You know, spending time with Him, praying to Him, reading my Bible and so on. In Hebrews 5:14-14 The Bible talks about the infant who lives on milk vs. the mature person who eats solid food. Which is to say that the young Christian doesn’t know much about righteousness  but as we grow we are trained to know what is evil and what is good and we grow in our actions and choices. I say all that to say that even the things that I experienced as a young child such as moving around the country, going through poverty, my parents’ divorce, and going away for university – all these things were being allowed and directed by God to bring me to where I am today. I was just growing, making choices, living my life and God was able to cause every good thing and every bad thing work together for my favour and benefit.


I am the Lord, your Holy One,
    Israel’s Creator and King.
I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters,
    making a dry path through the sea.
 I called forth the mighty army of Egypt
    with all its chariots and horses.
I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned,
    their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick.
“But forget all that—
    it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
 For I am about to do something new.
    See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
    I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. 
Isaiah 43: 15-19


So when God says in Isaiah 43: I am doing a new thing // I am making a pathway in the wilderness // I am creating rivers in the desert, He is saying that even when you are in the wilderness, He is there. Even when you are in the job you don’t like or that you don’t find fulfilling, He is making a way. And let me say, it is not necessarily that you will leave the job for a new one but that even at the job you will find meaningful work and favour. Then, at the right time you will go out in joy and be led forth in peace (Isaiah 55:12).

There is an analogy of a Radio frequency for God. It basically explains that God is on the radio at a specific frequency and it is only when we are tuned into that frequency that we hear from Him. In fact, He is always speaking, He is always moving, He is always fulfilling promises, we just aren’t in the right position to hear from Him. What this means is that if you are praying to be married or for salvation in your family, know that God will do it. When the frequency is right, when everything is aligned, it will happen. The waters are stirred, you only need to step in and receive (John 5:4-7). The right things will happen. His promises will be fulfilled. I’m saying this because I have seen it in my own life time and time again. Making a way in the wilderness means that even while you’re still in it, good things will be happening all around you.  

But hear this, if God promises to do a new thing in our lives and we are solely consumed by the past, we will never be able to see that new thing. For example, with relationships, if you’re closed off and so certain that every girl will treat you like the last girl. When your helpmate is right in front of you, you will not be able to see it because you are consumed with your past. Verse 19 says, I’ve already begun // I’m doing it now // You just need to be aware // You need to exchange your lenses for Mine so that you may see the new things I am doing. Remember not the former things, God has erased that and wants to do something new. Don’t let your past keep you from experiencing the bright future He has for you. Don’t let the way you started this year keep you from doing better the rest of the year.


June will reset everything that needs to be reset. Show halfway strength and a recharge. This has been my prayer and declaration since 2015. May it be so in your lives also.

Stay Blessed!!!


Elena Asks.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! Always a real treat reading your posts! I am certain one adding this to my praying wall! Reset! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your past is behind you, your future is ahead of you. You can't be driving and lookin in th rear view mirror all the time. RESET and look forward to better days ahead.

    John 10:26-28 New King James Version (NKJV)
    26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, [a]as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

    ReplyDelete